Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Masland Library is piloting a new program allowing distance students, located within the contiguous United States, to request materials to be shipped to their residential address. Becuase of shipping costs and length of time, shipping is not available to Alaska, Hawaii or international addresses.
How to place a request
Step 1: Ensure book is in the library collection by searching: http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=guest&custid=s9004953&groupid=main
Hint: If you are having trouble locating the item go to limit results (under Refine results) and select"catalog only" and/or "exclude reviews"
Step 2: Locate item information: title, Call Number and permanent URL. Be sure status is available.
- Finding title/author, call number and status:
- Locate permanent URL (permalink):
Step 3: Fill out request form @ https://lib.cairn.edu/requesting-print-books-be-shipped
- Remember: by filling out form you are agreeing to the policies of Cairn University's Masland Library
- All checkouts follow the general policies of the Masland Library, including overdue fines & loss/damage replacement charges
- A student can receive a maximum of 10 books
- Only items available within general collection (stacks and storage) can be shipped
- Cannot ship items located in: reserves; reference; curriculum; archives; rare book; or oversized
- Library will ship via UPS
- Library cannot ship any book available as an ebook. The library reserves the right to purchase the ebook of a title and provide access information.